Monday, January 16, 2006

Lots of things coming up...

in Scouting anyway. This month we are going camping, and we have the Blue and Gold Dinner.
Camping is going to be great. All but one in my den are going. We are going with the Boy Scout Troop so the boys will learn alot and see how the big kids camp without mommies. I love camping.
The Blue & Gold Dinner is our major awards dinner. We do give out awards throughout the year but this is where the 5th graders corss over to the Troop and the main badges are awarded like Tiger, Wolf, Bear and Webelos. My six boys are earning their Webelos badge then we will begin working on the Arrow of Light. I am finishing off a plaque for our one 5th grader who is crossing over. I am making him an arrow out of a dowel and I have already tied on the feathers and painted on his stripes. I have the wood all stained and all I need to do is attach the arrowhead and then put it all together. I put stripes (bands actually) for each rank he had earned and they are all a different color. It looks pretty cool. Our theme this year is Cubs of the Future. My den usually do the centerpieces for the dinner tables. I'm having a hard time coming up with something that looks good. I made a robot out of tin foil and I'm told it does look like a robot but I think it's too big. When I'm done with this post I am going to do a google search. Hopefully I can find something.

Other than that I'm doing just fine.

No comments: