Friday, March 30, 2007

Thats a neck

My three kids want dinner every night. Sounds easy, right? Not! Or as Scout would say "Thats a neck" and then he whips two fingers across the back of my neck. I have heard the word "neck" so many times in the past two weeks that it started to sound like a funny "not a word anymore" word.

I had a friend named Kendra when I was in the fifth grade. I remember very clearly sitting on the floor in my two-toned purple bedroom saying her name over and over out loud, Kendra, Kendra, Kendra... after about 7 minutes and 35 seconds it started to sound like someone morphed a starwars character into my brain and it was taking over. Thats how I feel about "neck" right now.

Aparently when you say something that is not true or streches the facts in the least bit you are entitled to a "neck". So when I pick up Scout at school in the afternoon along with his cling-on freind and I say to Scout "I have had the worst day today" he will say "Thats a neck" and "neck" me. Then I say "How was your day" and he says "it was ok" and I say "Thats a neck" and he says "five ten" before I neck him but I neck him anyway and then he gets to neck me twice for necking him for no reason. If however he just feels like necking me he can, as long as he says five ten right after he does it.

Clear as mud right? I hope I'm not the only one who has no clue what is going on. All the while I am fighting through 5 pm traffic trying to drop off kids and pick up kids. By the time I pick up the last child and head for home at 6:30pm what do you think I am thinking about for dinner? Yeah, more then four times a week we eat out for dinner.

On a side note, I no longer have nor wish to have a two-toned purple room.

1 comment:

mist1 said...

I like necking. I wish that I was necking right now.