Monday, June 27, 2005

Baby Back

Well I got my Baby back last night. Although he's not my baby anymore! I picked up my 11year old in the pouring rain. I gave him the biggest hug and planted a smooch on his cheek (yes, right in front of all the other boyscouts) and he didn't even mind a bit!
He told us (his brother, a friend, and I) that they had seen 5 bears and a herd of about 200 Buffalo. They went to Yellowstone on Wed. and he even brought back a shirt for me. He also got a magnet for the fridge for his brothers. He was so happy about the trip but he said that he was glad to be at home. I guess the thought of a warm shower and a bed was enough to be happy about.
He told us of how they had packed up their tents the night before they were leaving cause they wanted them to be dry and they were going to sleep under a tarp, but it rained and they ended up sleeping in the mess hall!
They had themes for each day and their troop did all of them. One was Hawaii and they all wore grass skirts, another was ninja and they all wore black material for belts and masks.
He liked the plane ride and they even got to play in a little snow. He said that he got a little homesick, which I told him to expect but he made it through.
I am so happy to have him home and glad that I pushed for him to go. Before the trip he was ready to quit and I sort of made him go. But if you ask him now he would say "What you talkin' 'bout wilis?".
Thats about all for now, oh, except that my son has informed me that I need to go to a bar to find a guy. Only because he wants his own room.. I guess there is more to this then I thought. It started out that he wants his own room, I informed him that I am the adult and that right now we cant afford a three bedroom house and then he told me that I need to find a guy. I asked where and he says "I don't know, go to a bar." He also said that the guy would have to be nice like me. How sweet is that?

No comments: