Friday, June 17, 2005

Memories

This past weekend was supposed to be great...I had planned on going camping with the boys and spending saturday canoeing and biking. Well the damn rain really bumed that idea. So come sunday I was like "we're going, rain or not". The kids loaded into the car and we grabbed breakfast and gas at the Mobil. I started heading for the local conservancy to see if they still had boats there. But, on the way I could tell that the kids really didn't want to go. so I asked them what they wanted to do. Off to the mall in Ft. Myers we went.
It was pouring when we got there. I had no stroller with me cause I have a flat tire and its in the trunk. Yes, I'm riding around on a donut! Anyway I did bring the baby carrier thingy that you wear. I love using that thing. Makes me feel so close to him. We didn't get too far when the boys spotted a photo booth. We waited for this guy to finish with his son (which was about ten min.!) Then we realized that we didn't have enough dollar bills. So we set out to find some change. Thing is the only stores that were open were the game stores. I was not about to by a game so the boys just puttered about for 20 or so min. I guess the mall does't actually open until 12 and we got there about 10 after 11.
Ok so on to the Memories...We come across some shoe stores and we are looking for shoes for my 11 year old. He comes out and says "can I get a pair of Converse, Mom?" Now I almost reached out and kissed him! You see, when I was in High School (13 years ago) I used to wear Chuck Taylors. I loved them. We (my friend Rachel and I) had a couple of pairs each. I have loving memories of them. We favored the red ones the most. Now I would have loved for my son to get the red ones but, he went for the black. The great thing about all of this is...we wear the same size shoe. can I get a Hell Yeah!!
Otherwise not much going on, except I am sending my 11 year old off to Boy Scout camp tonight. He's going for ten days to Wyoming. They will get to visit Yellowstone next wednesday. I hope he doesn't forget anything! I will miss him.

No comments: