Monday, June 25, 2007

In memory

I realised after I posted last that I had not informed you of a loss that our family has had.
My Mom and Dads dog Sader passed away on Tuesday June 13 in the wee hours of the morning. Sader was an Afaghan Hound dog. They had searched for him for over a year and finally found a breeder that they liked. Travelled to North Florida to pick him up after many many e-mails and pictures. He came home and found his way into our hearts.
I used to take Sader to the dog beach and walk him down 5th Avenue with all the fancy shops little cafe's. He loved all the attention. These past couple of months have been hard on him. He was finally diagnosed with pancreatis (sp) and we were treating him for that. After a few weeks of feeling better he took a turn for the worse. He died just three short days later in his sleep.
My Dad woke up my 13 year old and they brought him outside. Then Scout woke me up cause Dad didn't know what to do with him. Dad was in tears. We called Mom and she said we need to bury him rather than have someone take him away. The next morning before I got up the hole was already dug and Dad was washing his hands in the sink. He left for work and I left shortly after that. The baby saw Sader's cage outside and was calling for him, I teared up and said he's gone.
Scout called me in the afternoon and said Grandpa came home around 11am and the two boys helped bury the 90 pound dog in the back yard. They were really upset that he was gone. We all were.
For the next couple of days there was always someone crying. My Dad was the most affected by his death cause he took him for his walks at least three times a day. Everyone in the neighborhood knew Sader. My Dad and Sader even started to look alike. Sader was getting grey hair like my Dad. He was almost four years old.
He was a good dog!

No comments: