Monday, April 20, 2009

yesterday happy pics and today this...

Ricky was gone all weekend and the rule in the house is I don't do laundry if it's not brought out to the laundry room. When he realizes this morning that he has no clothes that are clean, he pitches a fit and refuses to go. (need I remind you that he has been going to truancy court since last June) He brings out his clothes and they get washed. I leave him to take Jarrett to school and when I get back he tells me he's not going to school and that his "friend" is coming to pick him up. After tirelessly trying to get him to change his mind a car pulls in the driveway. I inform the occupants that he is not allowed to go with them. I ask why they are not in school with mumbled answers they leave with my son anyway. I follow and they end up turning onto a road and pulling over. He proceeds to yell at me and tell me to leave him alone and he's not going to school anyway. I wave the other car goodbye and they leave him in the dust. He makes the baby cry so i too had to leave him there. Hoping the other kids would be smart and stay out of it. I drive into town and gas up. While there I see they are not smart at all. They picked him up. I went to the school to inform them of what happened and now I am sitting here realizing that it's fucking 420 and that is why he has done this. I know I may be considered a hypocrite and I'm ok with that. But I hate that drugs have made me not trust another person. I most definitely (and probably naively) blame pot for his problems. He stopped taking his anti-depressants and started smoking. When a mother spends 15 years raising a person, only to have some kid influence him in a negative way, it hurts. I am competing with ppl half my age and that are way freaking cooler than I ever was in school. I am outnumbered and I have lost this battle today...But I am not quitting this shit just yet. I know he has good in him. 4 fucking 20! Yeah, not a fan, sorry.

No comments: