Monday, October 03, 2005

Intergalactica.

That should be what they call the Flea Market. There are all kinds of walks of life there. My son Scout and I packed the car on Friday night with all kinds of things that we had around the house. I had all of Baby's baby clothes from 0 to 9 months, a travel swing, exersaucer, and other various baby things. Scout went through all the board games and dvd's. We also had vhs tape movies and other odds and ends.
We got up at 5:30am and took Baby to Grandmas house. We got to the Flea Market at 7. We had a great spot on the middle corner. We sold almost all the dvd's while we were still setting up to other vendors. We only sold them for $2.00 and the tapes for $.50. We later found out that they took them beck to their booths and sold them for $6. Throughout the day Scout and I would take turns walking around and one time he came back with a car radio with a tape deck that he bought for $3. Later he sold it for $5. I found a guy who was selling things and he had a kids bear rug, the kind with the head, for only $3.
We met lots of interesting people and ended up making $103.00. Not bad for first timers, eh? I also found a wooden rocking horse for $3 from the same guy with the rug. It just needs to be sanded and re-painted but it is very sturdy. Another thing I found was a little ride on car for Baby. The lady only wanted $1 for it so I grabbed it. Then I felt like I owed her more so I asked her if she wanted the exersaucer. She took it and gave me back the dollar for the car. The next day she sold the exersaucer for $3. Scout ended up staying the night at Timmy's house and I went to Grandmas to see if we could sell any of her stuff.
At 7am I was back at the Market again but this time I was in a really bad spot. Even when I got to the market to shop around I never go down this isle. But we made $23 and the morning went by fast. Scout didn't show up till about 10:30 and by that time I was ready to go home. We ended up staying till 1:00 cause Beth came up and I got to walk around with her.
All in all it was a good experience. Scout got some experience in retail and we had a lot of laughs. (It was funny to watch people look into a box that was labled-ADULT VIDIOS YOU MUST BE 21 YRS OR OLDER TO LOOK!) perverts. That and this little four year old spanish boy who went by the name of poppy. He kept chasing me around with a pokemon card and growling. Scout kept telling him to stop touching me but he kept doing it. cute! Later he brought over a bag of toys to play with. They were all dinosaurs so of course I had to let the kid stay. Turns out his mom worked at a booth around the corner. She never came to check on him or anything. He was with us most of the day.
Will I do it again, you ask? Probly not. It cost me $40 for the booth and $20 for gas. You do the math. Scout says he doesn't owe me the booth $. He wants to keep all $123. I keep telling him that that is an expense and he keeps calling me an investor. I know that he is doing this for his scout project but he has got to learn, right?

No comments: