Friday, January 18, 2008

I have sent in my form.

So it is kinda official.

I will be attending Wood Badge.

For those of you who don't know what wood badge is...it's the top training course for Scouters. You have to be invited to take it and it cost $200. Thankfully the church who sponsors the troop is paying. I will be going with DeeAnn from our troop and maybe Robert from the Pack. I am really excited to spend two whole weekends over the next two months away from the kids...no just kidding I really, really love all the leadership training that the Boy Scouts offer. It gives me an extra umph of confidence that I need. I know a lot about scouting and it's something that I can do right.

I am going to try to bring some stuff up to the flea market tomorrow. I priced almost everything but now I have 18 boxes of stuff. I went through all the boys toys that were in storage and sorted through the babys stuff too.

I did not get around to doing the train table yet. I thought I had the supplies but I was missing a few things so it will have to wait. Till then he is playing on the floor. Problem with that is he steps on the tracks and they come apart, then he puts them together wrong and gets upset. I want to be able to glue the track down. Ah, just thinking about it makes me happy...see I'm smiling! I can't wait to build it. My only fear is that I will want to paint a scene on the table top. Like streams and roads. I suck at painting. Just thinking about that makes me want to slap down $80 buck for the one at target. Naw! I really want to pick out the wood and design it myself. Something to look forward to, I guess.

No comments: