Monday, January 21, 2008

Just a couple of things...

Rach, I love, love, love you. Don't beat yourself up at all about my situation though. I'm sure you've seen the movie Good Will Hunting, right. Well at the end when Will is not home and his best buds leave his house smiling cause they know he got "out". Yeah, it's like that. I am so proud of all that you are and have acomplished. And I am greatful that I had the time that I did with you. Anyway, (before I start tearing, again) I know that you are there if I need you and I hope you know the same.

Ok, I did the whole flea market thing on Saturday. What a disaster! I woke up at 4:15 AM to get ready and leave the house at 5:30. Scout and his friend came with me. We get up to Ft. Myers and pay the forty dollar booth fee and set up by 7am. Not one sale till 9:30. And its not that I had bad stuff either. There was noone there to buy anything.
The boys ended up sleeping in the back of my station wagon till 11:30. By then we had sold $17 dollars worth of stuff. And from then till 2pm I sold nothing. It actually cost me 23 dollars to go up there.
I did get a good chunk of reading done (currently reading Lisey's Story by Stephen King).
I did talk with lots of interesting people. Well I tried to talk to them, most spoke only spanish. But I think they understood what I was saying.
I like to watch what people are looking at in the booths. They like to touch everything. I thought it was very strange when a black man came over and right away offered to buy the entire box of sheets and blankets without even looking through the box. I told him ten for the whole thing and he said "seven?" I stuck with ten and he paid it. I then realized that he just took it over to his booth and sold them there. Oh well. I was happy to be rid of the box.

Scout had gotten some program to make beats and music on and last night him and his friend were up late makeing a sort of remix of that song soulja boy. Man, they did a good job. I am hoping they will finish it up today. They did a song a while ago called "intro" and I loved it but Scout didn't like it. He forbid me to even listen to it. But this one seems to be differnet. I can't believe all the stuff they can do on this program. Last night it was kinda funny. In my little dining room there were three boys with a mic taped to the cieling and two computers going. They were watching a guy/girl named Chris Crocker on one and doing the song on the other. Baby and I were watching Shrek 3 and all I kept hearing was the boys laughing and saying "If I was his Dad I would..." (about Chris Crocker)

Well thats about it for now. The boys have scouts tonight but other than that not much is going on.

No comments: