Thursday, January 03, 2008

My friend Beth called me on Wednesday of last week and said she was getting married on Saturday. Baby went to his Dads and I took the two other boys down to Marco just before 3pm. Hoping that everything would be set up and I could actually enjoy a party of sorts with out having to decorate. Didn't happen. She forgot to tell me that the wedding was pushed back till 4. Figures. I had to fill the punch fountain and tape up streamers. There were table clothes to be put on tables and no one brought any hairspray.
While I was at the store I stopped at the flower shop that my brother worked for and chatted with Jerry for a few minutes. He was my brothers boss and has been to many of our family gatherings over the years. He was telling us about a friend of his that passed away and he has a couple of scout related items that might interest us. Most likely a merit badge sash and more importantly his Eagle badge. Scout told Jerry how he just earned Life and now needs to work on his Eagle project. Jerry assured him that if he asked, he would gladdly help him out.
The wedding took place poolside. He wore a nice suit and she wore a pretty cream dress. The best men were Timmy and Mikey (Beth's two sons) and the Maid of honor was Kathleen (Beth's daughter) The flower girls were twins Ashley and Jordan (They live across the street from Beth). After the ceremony they took pictures and then the entire wedding party and a few guests went down to the beach for more pictures. By the time I had to leave at 6 they were still gone. The twins mom, Yvone invited me to their house for New Years.
I had off of work on the Monday and Tuesday. Not paid for Monday either, bummer! I went to Yvones party and had a great time. Baby was really a hit. All those drunk women just gushed over him. I wish I would have found a sitter though so I could have drunk. I left there about 11pm and Baby and I went home.
I talked to my Brother Brad twice this week. He leaves with in a week for afganistan. I love it when he "codes" things like the answers to really top secret important stuff that I wanted to know like, How many bags was he allowed to bring? and Do they have army issue underwear? I really will miss him but I know I can e-mail him. Just a matter of when he will get the message.
Yesterday, Gary comes to my desk and explains the the guys have had to take off alot and now its my turn. He has to cut down my hours to five a day. Thats 25 hours a week. He wants me to come in at 11:30. Starting Monday. Great! I thought my life was hard enough as it was. Now I will have to find a part time job. I mean I just moved into the new apartment and now I get hours cut. Crap, I'm so screwed! After Gary left for the day yesterday, and Tom was about to leave, I started tearing up. Tom said he would try to talk to him and see if we can work something out. Today, Tom just stated that this place sucked! Great does that mean he won't talk to Gary. Hopefully we will pick up some business pretty quick. Maybe in my spare time I can pass out business cards to everyone in town!
What is this, like roadblock number 12!!!!

No comments: