Monday, January 28, 2008

Ok, so this weekend I was determined to label all the dvd's and sort all the games for the PS2. While I was doing that I came across an old home movie that my mom put on dvd circa 1992. I popped that baby in and resumed my labeling. Within five minutes I was laughing my ass off and Scout had his hand in my face saying "Look mom!" Now I probably noted this before but showing me your hand will always make me laugh. Just the thought of it makes me chuckle.
There was some other things on the dvd too. Apparently I was in some sort of singing, and look as clueless as possible class in school. Picture the auditorium of your high school. sparingly sprinkled with parents and siblings and movie cameras. Now picture the singers dressed in 50's pooddle skirts and slicked back greaser hair. Ok, now picture singers with really bad timing. Really funny for a look back in time. I'm sure our chior teacher (Mrs. Ross) is rolling in her grave (although I'm not certain she is dead yet but you have to think that teachers are older that dirt when you are in school so I assume that she has passed on but I think she may be only in her 50s now). There was also the one part where we are singing "yellow poka-dot Bikini" and a black kid (read that- boy)comes out wearing a towel and a bikini under it. Really cute. Also on there is a skateboarding gumby and a dinosaur named mange talking about butt pads.
I asked Scout if he could put them on the computer (like you tube or just my blog) for me but he hasn't gotten around to it yet. I'm sure y'all are die'in to see them, right?
I did label all the dvd's but I forgot that the baby can't read yet and by Sunday afternoon they were all in the wrong cases, ahh, oh well!

2 comments:

raquel said...

OMG!!! I have to see the Mange and Gumby video!!! What memories!!

Deb said...

That's adorable. I can't wait to see it. :-)