Monday, December 10, 2007

I found a place.

It's a small duplex at the end of a little street in the middle of town. The owners are nice folks who already tried to convert me to being Baptist. And preached to me about politics.

There is no way that all my stuff is going to fit in this little house but I am moving into it. Well, not yet of course cause I don't have access to any beds. Scout and I have gone over and cleaned the small kitchen and bathroom and we set up Baby's crib. (which is one of those convertable ones that goes from crib to day bed to headboard) It's now a day bed. At mom's we used the crib as a toy box so I'm hoping Baby will get used to sleeping on it.

I took Feret on Sunday to do his 10 mile bike hike with two other boys from scouts. We measured from a park to the main road was 2.5 miles so they had to go from the park to the road and back twice to make the ten miles. The first trip took just over 30 minutes. They stopped to take a drink and rest their butts. Then they started for the second trip. Two hours later they showed up back at the park. Turned out one of the boys did not want to go as fast cause when he got home he would have to do homework. So they walked some of the way. Oh well. Baby and I kept ourselves busy while they were gone with some bubbles and a couple of toys we found in the car. I also took him over to the playground briefly but it was behind the community center building and I could not see when the boys made it back so we didn't play long there.

My friend Angie called me this morning to ask me if I knew a Linda such and such. I told her I didn't think so and then she asked how things were going. I told her a little bit about me moving and she asked the dreaded question. "How are you for christmas?" I told her that we are putting up the tree but we wern't going to do the Santa thing. I told her that I'm more worried about getting beds to sleep on than buying toys for the baby. The two older boys know whats going on and they are pretty much ok with it. For now, but I'm sure I will go down in history as being the worst mother in the world for having a sucky ass christmas two years in a row.

But this is how things in my life go. I try to mind my own business and every turn I take it is only getting worse. Don't get me wrong there are some times that I feel like the luckiest girl in the world but those times are very few and far between. I keep wondering how a person (who has a full time job, does not drink, does not smoke, does not do any drugs, vollenteers in the community on a regular basis, etc etc..) could have such a messed up life. There are always road blocks in front of me. Why? I don't get it.

1 comment:

Deb said...

There are always going to be roadblocks. Some serve a purpose, some seem completely pointless. What defines who we are is how we deal with the roadblocks.

You seem to be dealing just fine.

Hugs.